Heidi Meyer - Clinical Nutritionist
be...health! "life-changing nutrition"
- Master of Public Health (Nutrition)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Nutritional Medicine)
- Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice
- Professional Memberships:
- ATMS, (Australian Traditional Medicine Society)
- PHAA, (Public Health Association of Australia)
- ATMS, (Australian Traditional Medicine Society)
Heidi is a degree-qualified clinical nutritionist, with a whole-foods approach!
Heidi has worked in the natural medicine industry for over six years, having studied in Australia and abroad. A background in travel, sports and event management has developed Heidi’s understanding of human behaviour and its effect on health.
Heidi focuses on optimising day-to-day living, through diet, lifestyle factors and nutritional therapy. She enjoys working with people from all walks of life, helping them to institute changes that can become life-long health habits, such as:
- Eating a diet of fresh, locally-grown, ethical and seasonal foods
- Improving lifestyle factors, and
- Nutritional supplementation.
Heidi will work with you to improve specific health concerns and prevent further illness.
- Type 2 Diabetes, Insulin Resistance, Pre-Diabetes, Fatty Liver
- Weight Loss / Weight Management
- Digestive upsets - IBS, IBD, Coeliac Disease, Gas, Reflux
- Food Intolerance Testing
- Sports Nutrition - Low Carb, High Fat / Ketogenic Diet / Fat-Adaption
- Stress-related health concerns, including anxiety, depression and fatigue
- Immune system issues and recurrent infections
- Inflammatory conditions, such as eczema and psoriasis
- Hormone imbalance & menstrual disorders
Heidi formulates treatments to promote:
- Optimal Digestive Function - reducing gut symptoms and healing within!
- Weight Loss
- Increased Energy
- Resistance to food intolerances and inflammation
- Clarity of thought and resistance to ‘mind fog,’ headaches and migraines
- Resistance to food-cravings and compulsions
Heidi aims to empower her patients to take control of their health to aid in self-healing and preventative care. Using information from an extensive case history and naturopathic diagnostic tests (e.g. zinc tallies, pH testing, food intolerance testing) appropriate treatment may include dietary and lifestyle recommendations and nutritional medicine.
Above all, Heidi is a firm believer in health education, providing comprehensive treatment plans detailing diet and lifestyle recommendations, and the reasoning behind supplementation (if prescribed).
Health Professionals Heidi knows, trusts & HIGHLY recommends....
Ryan Canavan - Chiropractor. BSc., MChiro.
Phone: 02 9233 333302 9233 3333
Location: Suite 12, Level 10, The Dymock's Building, 428 George Street, SYDNEY
Website: click here
....advice from Heidi - "GO AND SEE RYAN - he's amazing! Just do it!"
Firstly...to attend to your goals whether they are:
pain relief, or
Secondly, then work with you to maintain these goals!
We use the very latest research, joint and soft tissue procedures and exercise rehabilitation to get your body working to the best of its ability!
We treat many conditions of the body. These include:
Ankle Injuries....and many more.
If you’re not in pain don’t think we can’t help you!
We see many elite sports people, cyclists, runners, golfers and others who recognise that their body doesn’t have to be in pain to function poorly. They come to see us for reasons ranging from better energy levels to improvements in their eczema!
What to expect on your first visit?
Firstly, we need you to tell us about your body. We will ask you lots of important questions, some may be personal, but we need to know as much as possible to better assist you.
Following this we need you to put on a gown so that we may see how your body is put together, your structure. Once this is complete we can then asses how your body moves, your function. If necessary we will test your nervous system (neurological examination) and your muscles and joints (orthopaedic examination). Sometimes, but not always, X-rays or an MRI may be required to assist us in our diagnosis. We have a good network of physicians that we work with so we can look after you the best we can!
Once all of this is complete we discuss your treatment, match it with your goals and expectations. Now we can get started!
We have HICAPS so you can claim your health fund rebate on the spot. We also specialise in workers compensation cases and motor vehicle accident injury management.
Lisa Laba Sarkis B.SocSc B.SW Counsellor, Therapist
Phone: 0434 287 0950434 287 095
Windows Live / MSN: email@example.com
Heidi's advice: "Lisa brings a truly remarkable sense of calm, support and a nurturing quality that is unique in the industry!"
- Face to Face Counselling in Sydney (Concord inner west area)
- Online Counselling
- Skype Counselling, and
- Email Counselling.
Lisa's Approach & Motivation:
Lisa works from a Person Centred/Humanistic Approach and the Cognitive Behavioural Approach, Psychodynamic Approach depending on the issues at hand.
Lisa believes that any release whether it is through face to face counselling or Online, Email or Skype Counselling is a good way to express your feelings and emotions.
Most of all, Lisa aims to support individuals, guide them and make them feel comfortable through counselling within the different approaches.
Lisa has a passion and dedication to help others to be there as a support and to assist them in the best possible way I can. I find counselling very rewarding and I am happy to make a difference.
Why online counselling?
Lisa feels online counselling can help those individuals who are afraid to seek face to face counselling. Many people experience a sense of stigma or shame around issues. The opportunity for anonymous and confidential support online can help many people to feel safer and more in control when they communicate about their concerns.
Lisa finds helping clients with issues online, including addiction, eating disorders, long term sexual abuse, long term domestic violence, depression, trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder, sexuality etc, clients benefit counselling after each session as sometimes the issues they feel such as shame, embarrassment, guilt are easier to discuss through working this medium.
Lisa works with a number of issues both in face to face counselling private practice and online counselling, including:
- Eating Disorders, Eating Issues and Concerns
- Body Image, Self- Esteem and Self- Confidence Issues
- Addiction, Long Term Addiction
- Family Issues, Relationship Issues
- Sexual Abuse, Long Term Sexual Abuse
- Abuse and Long Term Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Sexuality, Trauma
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Grief and Loss Issues
- Stress etc.
Lisa has been working as an counsellor/therapist since 2007 in private practice and finds it a helpful method for clients. Lisa also provides face to face counselling as well as online counselling to clients on an international basis.